Sending IRS forms by fax is an easy and quick way to help you out with tax preparation and reporting.
To file your taxes by fax, you can:
- Go to CocoFax or use any CocoFax app for any platform such as computer and phone, and login into your account
- Navigate to and hit the NEW FAX button once you are in the CocoFax dashboard
- Find the IRS fax number and enter it in the box below the Add Recipient(s)
- Have your IRS form ready and attach it by clicking Add Files
- Click the Send Now button
It comes with many benefits when you send documents like IRS forms through the CocoFax fax platform. It’s the most secure way to transmit such legally bound documents as a tax form. Also, you will receive the notification about fax status and other details, so you can keep this confirmation notification for reference in the future.
If you need to send more tax forms or need to receive a response from IRS officials through fax, explore our CocoFax plan to choose the one that best suits your needs.
For how to find the IRS fax number, view Where to File Your Taxes (for Form SS-4) from IRS.
For more information about filing your taxes by fax (for Form 1040, 1040-SR, 1040ES, 1040V, and more), see Where to File Paper Tax Returns With or Without a Payment.