How to Fax With Google Voice
Google Voice is a smarter telephone service that combines your multiple accounts into one. With Google Voice, you can send and receive calls, voice messages and text messages from anywhere, anytime.
Do you know that you can send and receive a fax on your Google Voice Number? If you have been a fan of Google Voice and shared your Google Voice Number throughout your network, you can use the same number for communication over fax.
You will need an online fax service provider, CocoFax, to enable communication over fax.
In this post, we are going to discuss the process of sending and receiving a fax with Google Voice in detail. We will also explain how you can send and receive a fax in your email inbox for your Google Voice Number with the help of the CocoFax Email-to-Fax feature.
Also Read: How to Send Fax from Gmail
You can use your Google Voice Number to send and receive fax by unlocking your number. Then, you can port your number to the CocoFax. The CocoFax will request a couple of required documents needed to register the number on the network. Once registered, you will be able to send and receive a fax using your Google Voice Number.
What are the benefits of using Google Voice Number as the Fax Number?
You might be thinking why should I use Google Voice Number as the Fax Number. Well, here are a few good reasons for doing so:
- Your number is not changed so there’s no need to worry about sharing your number within your network and the clients.
- There is no need for any hardware or even a landline. Since the Google Voice Number operates using the internet connection so you can eliminate the landline cable from the setup.
- Your fax number is always active and ready to receive the fax, whether your internet connection is active or not.
- You can send and receive a fax from anywhere via any device using CocoFax services along with your Google Voice Number.
- You will be able to get faxes straight into your inbox. Furthermore, you will have the ability to reply to fax directly through your email.
- There are no charges and efforts involved in maintaining the equipment.
- This method is safe and secure as the sent and received a fax is encrypted using the AES method.
- The faxes are stored on the. Cloud and can be retrieved anytime from anywhere.
Word of Caution: It is important to note that once you have ported out the number to CocoFax, the Google Voice Number would no longer be able to send or receive calls. Yours ported out Google Voice Number will be downgraded to a regular Fax Number that is used for sending and receiving fax only.
What are my other options?
There are other options available if you do not want to tamper your Google Voice Number. You can get a free CocoFax fax number for sending and receiving a fax.
CocoFax is a leading, professional and reliable online fax service. Serving its millions of satisfied customers in over 120 countries, CocoFax has built quite a reputation over the last 12 years.
CocoFax offers a web application and an Email-to-Fax feature for sending and receiving a fax. When a fax is delivered to the destination, you will get a confirmation email message about the success or failure of the fax delivery.
Quick, easy, faultless and affordable - CocoFax meets the criteria aptly well. Over the years, it has been observed that the root cause of any failed fax transmission is either a busy fax signal at the recipient's end, receiving fax machine is turned off or the recipient’s fax number is incorrectly entered. In theory, you will not encounter a fault at CocoFax end.
So, how about giving this awesome product a try? Click here and subscribe to the 30 - days free trial of Cocofax.
You will be guided through a Setup Wizard.
- Choose a fax number.
- Enter your account information.
- Choose a subscription plan and make payment.
That’s it. You are ready to send and receive a fax using CocoFax services.
Can't Miss: How to Receive Fax to Gmail
Complete Guide: How to send and receive a fax using Google Voice Number?
Let’s take a detailed look at each step involved in the process.
Step 1: Unlock your Google Voice Number
The first step is to unlock your number by following these steps:
- Go to the Google Voice Unlock page .
- Sign in to your Google Voice account.
- Select the GoogleVoice Number that you want to unlock.
- Click ‘Unlock’ underneath the respective number.
- Confirm that you wish to unlock the number by clicking ‘Continue’.
- Click Continue to confirm that you wish to unlock the Google Voice number.
- Sign in to Google Wallet and pay $3 as the fee to unlock your number.
- You will get the payment receipt as an email.
Step 2: Port your Google Voice Number to CocoFax
Once your Google Voice Number has been unlocked, you can initiate the request to port your number to the CocoFax.
- You can submit the port request by filling in the online form along with some details.
- Once your request has been received, CocoFax will check the eligibility of the particular Google Voice Number.
- CocoFax will verify if the number can be ported to the CocoFax network.
- You may be asked for some additional documents to continue with the process.
- Depending on your subscription package, you may need to upgrade it to Premium or Business.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your number has been successfully ported to the CocoFax network.
Step 3: Receive Fax Through CocoFax with ported out Google Voice Number
Now that your Google Voice Number has been ported to the CocoFax network, it can be used to send and receive a fax.
- Prerequisite: Give your ported out Google Voice Number to the sender.
- Open the web browser.
- Go to the CocoFax Web App.
- Login to your CocoFax account.
- In the left pane menu, select ‘My Faxes’ > Inbox.
- In the inbox, you can see all faxes sent on your number.
- Click on any row to open the received fax message. Download the attachments, as desired.
Step 4: Send Fax Through CocoFax with ported out Google Voice Number
- In the left pane menu, click ‘Send Fax’.
- Enter the recipient’s number in the ‘To’ field.
- Type in a message in the ‘Cover Letter’ field.
- Click on the ‘Plus’ sign to add an attachment.
- When you have composed the fax, click ‘Send’.
You May Like: How to Fax with Google Free Online
Send and Receive Fax through your Inbox using Google Voice Number with CocoFax Email-To-Fax
Going to the CocoFax Dashboard and checking if you have received a new fax might seem cumbersome to you. We understand that you will prefer to get fax straight into your email inbox and get notified about it instantly.
Send a Fax through Email using Google Voice Number
With the CocoFax Email-to-Fax feature, you can email a fax from your inbox.
- Open your email client.
- Enter recipient's Google Voice fax number in the ‘To’ field followed by CocoFax unique address i.e. [email protected]
- Type in appropriate heading in the ‘Subject’ field.
- Type in your cover message in the body of the email.
- Click on the paper clip icon to attach any document.
- You can attach any document format including PDF, .doc, .docx, .xls, .jpeg, .png and others.
- Hit ‘Send’ button.
- Your fax has been sent.
- You will also receive a confirmation email stating that your fax has been sent successfully.
Receive fax through Email using Google Voice Number
When new fax comes in, you will get an email notification.
- Provide your Google Voice Fax number to the sender.
- Go to the inbox of your email which is registered with CocoFax.
- Look at the emails.
- See the received fax document.
- Open it and download attachments.
Except for sending fax from Google Voice, you can also use CocoFax to send fax from Google Drive.
In this post, we have discussed how you can unlock your Google Voice Number and port it to the CocoFax network. Your Google Voice Number will be ready to use for fax communication once it is successfully ported out to the CocoFax. Using CocoFax, you can enjoy the mobility and ease of accessibility offered by online fax communication.
You can send and receive fax through any web browser from any device on your Google Voice Fax Number using CocoFax Web App. Moreover, you can integrate your fax with your email inbox using the CocoFax Email-to-Fax feature.