In the world of business, all organizations are competing endlessly to outperform their competitors to gain a competitive edge. Competitive edge must be difficult so that it's not easily immutable. Breakthrough of smart technology has made this far more convenient for businesses and financial institutions to achieve this margin by eliminating obstacles. A few of those trials can be handled more easily with the help of online address verification.
People use online banking services and shop online for the sole purpose of being rapidly amused with desired products and services. Businesses lose consumers as a result of either complexity or lengthy verification requirements. By certifying the geographic location of individuals in a flash, the online address verification minimizes the damage.
Functionality of Address Verification System
- Depending on the nature and requirements of the concerned bank or firm, the person uploads soft versions of his or her national identity documents, such as an identity card, driving license, insurance documents, and passport, as well as utility bills.
- Online address verification utilizes AI-driven technology to analyze all pieces of data provided by the user. The actual address listed on the submitted utility bill is compared to the address on the national ID card. The findings of online address verification are always backed up by updated e-storage information units of regulators, where the submitted credentials are compared for standard validation.
- The results of online address verification are provided in real-time when the person's record is checked.
Significance of Address Verification System
For business organizations and banks, verifying addresses is a critical aspect of KYC (Know Your Customer) authentication. To improve, every business classifies and updates its target market. To determine whether a given collaboration or customer meets the envisioned client profile, online address verification is required.
There are law enforcement authorities, laws, or financial/intelligence watchdogs that may prohibit any professional association with a potential customer or firm from a given country or region.
The regulating agencies keep an up-to-date electronic data bank with information on all internationally registered individuals, and any changes to an address are immediately updated. If a particular person is blacklisted or under surveillance for any reason, the online address verification alerts the KYC identity solution, and the organization is fully aware of the individual's status and may make an informed decision.
Key Attributes of Address Verification System
- The most notable feature of online address verification is that they do not consider documents other than passports, ID cards, and licenses that are older than three months, and utility bills must be presented within a certain time period to ensure that the user is still residing at the same location as mentioned on the documents. The prospect is unable to function without updating his residential or professional address, therefore the records have recently updated information.
- Since the AI models of digital solutions are well trained and set with considerable data layouts, the OCR technology integrated into solutions for online address verification filters out the household location checkbox. In the blink of an eye, they can detect any unusual character or text manipulation.
- Online address verification software uses a deep learning algorithm that improves with time, ensuring that the same fraudulent item does not pass twice.
Applications of Address Verification System
Property dealers and managers can gain advantage from the industrial uses of address verification. People frequently contact agencies to offer their home or workplace for rent, and they also connect for the aim of selling. The concerned organization might carry out an identity check on the other party to guarantee that the individual is the rightful heir or owner of the property in question.
Third-Party Logistics Companies
Large global corporations have a number of local or regional distributors who hire a third-party logistics company to transport their products to supermarkets and department shops. Address verification mitigates the possibility of delivering the parcel at a wrong address and disturbing the entire workflow.
Address verification in the KYC procedure contributes to legitimate customer onboarding in the respective branches of the financial sector. Moreover, it is also of great importance in risk management, as prospect's location can create a strong reason for continuous monitoring if the location is in the news for corruption, frauds, and other specific reasons.
Banks and businesses use online address verification as part of their overall strategy. The validation of location simplifies business operations and strengthens the network while removing any risk of money laundering or other forms of fraud. Online address verification quickly identifies a possible client group; the service has been proven and acclaimed around the world, with many developed businesses using it to set benchmarks.
Shufti Pro Review
Also Read: Digital Currency Summit